Virat Kohli, the former Indian captain, an International Cricket player, and needless to say the Heartthrob of many has been seen endorsing many well-known brands on Indian television. Though a cricketer by profession, he is a versatile actor, one of which his famous Boost ad alone has more than 30 million views on YouTube! And it isn’t surprising that he has garnered a separate fan base who also promote his ads on different social platforms. He is the most sought-after cricketer for endorsing brands; you name any character or role; he has done it perfectly in his way!
So why do these brands approach Virat Kohli for endorsements? Being a flamboyant batsman, Kohli’s consistent performance in matches was well appreciated both by the cricketers as well as the audience. Virat Kohli has established himself as a Brand, in the Sports industry, which was easy in a way for the various commercial brands to connect him well with the Indian audience especially, the youngsters. His bold and confident play in the field, those camera-friendly gestures, and his body language made the brands select him for their endorsements. Also, Top Brands noticed how even if the players lost the matches, he as a captain faced the interviewers with confidence and convincingly articulated his words which attracted the marketers to approach Virat Kohli to endorse their brands.
Let us look at a few famous Brands endorsed by Virat Kohli –
1) PUMA – The company is the leading manufacturer of Casual and sports footwear. In 2017, Virat Kohli signed a whooping 100 crores contract with PUMA for 8 years which is almost 13 crores per year. He became the first Indian Sports personality who bagged a 100-crore deal with just a single brand and currently he has his collaboration with PUMA named One8 which is the personalized collection of his Favorite styles.
2) MRF – MRF is the largest tyre manufacturer in India and the sixth-largest manufacturer in the World. Virat signed yet another 100-crore deal with MRF which renewed the bat sponsorship deal for another 8 years tagging him to be the first Indian athlete to bag two 100-crore deals – one with PUMA and another with MRF. Kohli is seen displaying his bat during the match besides that he also endorses the MRF brand in their advertisements.
3) MYNTRA – Myntra is a leading e-commerce shopping platform founded by Mukesh Bansal, Vineeth Saxena, and Ashutosh Lawania in 2007. Both Virat Kohli and his wife Anushka signed a deal for 10 crores as Brand Endorsement fees with Myntra in 2019.
4) WROGN – WROGN is a youth fashion brand owned by Anjana Reddy founded in 2014. Wrogn joined hands with Virat Kohli who purchased the shares and became the co-owner of the brand.
5) Boost Energy – Boost is a health food drink that comes under the company GSK. This health drink was launched in India in 1974 and currently holds an 11.5% market share in the health drink category.
6) Vicks India – Vicks is an American brand of the well-known manufacturer Proctor and Gamble. Virat has been endorsing the brand since 2012.
7) Too Yumm – Too Yumm is the brand of RP- Sanjiv Goenka group who are into the FMCG Business. In December 2017, Virat Kohli joined hands as Brand Ambassador. Since Virat is health-conscious, this brand serves guilt-free snacks, and no doubt why he collaborated with them.
8) Tissot – Tissot is a well-known Swiss watch brand founded in 1853. Virat Kohli collaborated as the Brand Ambassador of this popular watch brand in 2007.
9) Audi India – Audi is a German luxury car brand manufactured by German Automotive. They have been associated with Kohli since 2015 for endorsing their cars. Virat himself owns many Audi Models and has been driving Audi cars since 2012.
10) Google Duo – Google Duo is a video chat mobile app developed by Google. Virat collaborated with Google along with his wife Anushka. They are seen promoting the app by showing how it’s better than other video calling apps.
1) What is the Networth of Virat Kohli?
Virat Kohli is one of the 10 richest Cricketers in the World. He is worth 185.7 million. He is the third richest, after Sachin Tendulkar in first and MS Dhoni in second.
2) What are the advertisement fees Virat Kohli charges.?
Reports suggest that the Indian skipper charges a fee of Rs 4.5-6 crore per day for his endorsement in the advertisement.
3) What are the Businesses owned by Virat Kohli?
Apart from Endorsing different Brands, Virat himself owns many businesses and endorses personally such as Wrogn, Nueva, One8, Chisel India, Sport convo, FC Goa, UAE Royals, Bengaluru Yodhas, Stepathlon kids. He either owns them fully or co-owns these brands.