As online payments are estimated to grow over 20% with a CAGR of 660 million, from Indian users, it’s time for us to know what are the payment gateways which are actually getting these numbers.
COVID-19 was one reason for us being able to see an exponential growth of online payments and transactions to avoid any kind of person-to-person contact.
For all the startup owners, it’s really important to have an excellent source of payment gateway for your e-Commerce store/product.
Here are listed some of the most known and useful payment gateways for all of us.
- A peculiar payment platform that aids global e-Commerce and retail.
- Known for providing the best experience to merchants and their customers.
- Amit Kapoor, Kunal Jhunjhunwala, and Rohan Deshpande founded AirPay back in 2012 with a net worth of INR 1.70 crores.
- Some of the best features provided are:
- There is a single person for all online and offline transactions.
- There is a transaction reconciliation service besides payment processing.
- Enterprising payment gateway switching.
- 24×7 email and telephone support for any kind of help.
- Load balancing and interfering switching capabilities.
- Single window settlement transaction.
- Instamojo is one of the best payment gateways, known for creating merchant-to-merchant accounts instantly to collect online payments easily.
- One of the best gateways for digital file purchases, services, music, videos, and so much more.
- Merchants can use these gateways for collecting payments on Facebook, WhatsApp, and other social media accounts among others.
- Instamojo is a Bangalore-based company founded by Sampad Swain, Akash Gehani, Aditya Sengupta, and Harshad Sharma in 2012 with a value of $35 million.
- Instamojo has several services:
- Zero withdrawal fees.
- 3 days settlement in your connected bank account.
- Multi-currency support.
- The customer support isn’t as strong as the other competitors on the list from the reviews present on the web.
- You can start receiving payments just after signing up with your email, types of credit and debit cards, and acceptance.
- They do not support international payments and credit cards.
- Transaction fee per transaction is @ 2% + 3 rupees transaction.
- The annual maintenance fee is zero.
- PayUBiz is used by more than the top 70 eCommerce companies from the top 100.
- Helping merchants to connect with their payments with the top class features.
- Founded in 2002 by Jose Velez, Martin Schrimpff, Arjan Bakker, Grzegorz Brochocki, Nitin Gupta, and Shailaz Nag with a value of more than $2.5 Billion.
- PayUBiz is also an amazing service provider:
- There are variable annual maintenance charges and transaction charges.
- International cards are not supported, only domestic ones are validated.
- There are zero withdrawal fees.
- It takes 5-7 days for the transaction to start.
- There are different ways you can operate PayUbiz, including Android, windows, and iOS apps.
- Atom Paynetz payment gateway is software developed for Indian organizations. The payment gateway integrates with over 50 banks and there are over 26 payment options.
- Atom is an innovative payment service provider with over 15 million transactions and there are over 4000 merchants across the country.
- Atom Paynetz was founded in 2006 by Jignesh Shah.
- There are amazing services to this software as well which include:
- There is a certain amount of transaction fee with every other transaction
- This supports International payments but credit cards are not supported.
- There are only a few domestic credit cards supported, such as Visa, Master, AMEX, etc.
- The withdrawal fee is zero.
- There is only an Android app available yet.
- Billdesk is one of the leading BBPOUs in the BBPS (Bharat Bill Payment System). Refers to a service that is provided by IndiaIdeas through the internet via the website.
- Billdesk provides you with the best security standards so that all transactions are perfectly safe.
- Founded back in 2000, Billdesk is fairly old and known in the game by M.N. Srinivasu, Ajay Kaushal, and Karthik Ganapathy, with a total net worth revenue of INR 1.906 Crores.
- The services of Billdesk are varied like:
- BillDesk is a recurring solution.
- – Would be good for using cards, eNACH, UPI auto pay, and assessing all other bank accounts in India.
- – BillDesk offers you over 170 payment methods.
- – Attends over 100 million API calls per day.
- – The total payment volume accumulated according to 2021 is $90 billion.
- Known for being one of India’s leading payments and banking companies.
- Is capable of providing over 120 payment modes, including credit and debit cards, accepting different cards with a wide variety.
- They offer the widest range of Pay Later and cardless EMI, which is a big convenience.
- It is supportive of over 100 currencies across the globe.
- Per Transaction Cashfree’s payment gateway is just 1.90%, with low TDR change in India, compared with other gateways.
- Cashfree is also one of the best options for payment gateways because it allows you to have offers and instant settlements that let startups and businesses access funds really quickly.
- Cashfree payments were founded by Reeju Datta and Akash Sinha on 23 September 2015, with a company valuation of $200 million.
- Cashfree gives provides you with some amazing benefits like-
- Zero setup fee.
- Zero AMC.
- and No software up-gradation fee.
- Flat rate @ 1.90%.
- Fastest settlements.
- 100% paperless onboarding.
7. State Bank of India
- Well, a reliable payment gateway by the state bank of India, has been in the game for a long time. SBI ePay accepts and validates online payments via Credit Card, Debit Card, Net banking, and Mobile payment app from end customers in real-time.
- SBI also provides you with a secure link between merchant websites, various issuing institutions, acquiring banks, and payment gateway providers.
- As a merchant, you would just need to fill in the mandatory information under “sign-up” in the SBI ePay portal and you could proceed.
- Rajnish Kumar, the former SBI chief found Yono, in 2017, with a total net worth estimated to be $500,000.
- There are tons of services provided by this payment gateway, such as
- Savings bank account.
- Deposits and yono pay.
- Yono cash withdrawal.
- Investment cards and life insurance.
- Loans and personal finances.
- 24x7x365 calls are available.
- Acceptance of debit and credit cards.
- With HDFC, you could pay over 260 billing merchants.
- Accepts all kinds of online payments from customers who hold net banking-enabled HDFC accounts.
- It would support all the major credit and debit cards nationally and internationally, including: Visa, MasterCard, Visa Electron, Diners, RuPay, Discover, or Maestro.
- One of the best features comes out to be being able to pay to HDFC with EMI later for any kind of purchase when applicable.
- CCAvenue is one of the best payment gateways as it offers over 200 payment options.
- The payment options are really inclusive, which include 6 credit cards like Amex, JCB, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa, and eZeClick, supporting 27 different currencies.
- Founded by Vishwash Patel in 2001, with a net worth of INR 123.45 Crores.
- CCAvenue provides a lot of services which are:
- Zero initial setup fee.
- A certain amount of maintenance fee which goes up to INR 1,200.
- The fee for credit and debit cards is @2%.
- They do charge taxes from time to time.
- They provide international payment/ credit and support.
- Multi-currency support.
- There is no withdrawal fee.
- The account gets activated within 1 hour, but it takes 3-6 days for it to get registered thoroughly.
- There are apps present in Android, iOS, and Windows.
- One-stop solution for providing credit card payment integrated with debit cards, net banking, and mobile payment, along with a very reliable, secure passage for processing all eCommerce payments.
- DirecPay was founded by Rahul Chiddarwar in 2010.
- There are several services they provide which are including:
- Zero maintenance charge.
- There are varied fees taken per transaction.
- Taxes are extra from time to time.
- For international payment/ Credit card support, there would be an additional security deposit which is of INR 30,000.
- Multi-currency support.
- There is no withdrawal fee/
- Mobile apps for Android and iOS.
How many payment gateways are there in India?
There are over 15 payment gateways in India.
Which is the best gateway for payment?
Citrus Pay is one of the best payment gateways in India.
How much does a payment gateway cost in India?
They vary all payment gateways in price, so it’s totally dependable on the gateway of the payment you use itself from 3% to 7% there are varied fees taken by the gateway as a transaction from credit and debit cards.
Is PhonePe a payment gateway?
PhonePe itself is not, but we can integrate it with any of your payment gateways in apps and websites.
Which is the cheapest payment gateway?
Cashfree is one of the cheapest payment gateways in India.
Is Amazon Pay a payment gateway?
Well, Amazon Pay is a payment system offered to users and sellers outside of the marketplace. You can be an independent seller or can contract Amazon Pay as it offers a payment gateway if you’re the owner of their online shop.