The Leading Power Companies In India: Empowering Nation’s Growth

Power has become an inevitable part of our lives playing an essential role in India’s economic growth. The electricity industry in India is the most comprehensive and dynamic industry and the nation is facing a huge demand for electricity which is expected to surge in the future.

According to the Central Electricity Authority, as of May 2019, India’s total installed power generation capacity was 3,56,818 MW including thermal power generation of 2,26,279 MW, hydropower generation of 45,399 MW, and renewable energy generation of 78,359 MW.

The escalation of the power demand is expected to increase the existing power production. Hence, the power companies in India play an important role in balancing the power demand and in increased power production.

Adani Power Limited, NTPC Limited, and Power Grid Corporation of India Limited are some of the top power companies in India.

Here, we are going to see an elaborate list of power companies in India.

Top 10 Power Companies in India:

  1. Adani Power Limited
  2. NTPC Limited
  3. Power Grid Corporation of India Limited
  4. TATA Power Company Limited
  5. Reliance Power Limited
  6. Torrent Power Ltd
  7. SJVN Ltd
  8. JSW Energy Ltd
  9. NHPC
  10.  Adani Green Energy Ltd (AGEL)

●    Adani Power Limited

Adani Power Ltd provides electric power through coal-based thermal power plants and coal trading. Adani Power has around five power projects and sells generated power under a combination of long-term Power Purchase Agreements.

●    NTPC Limited

NTPC Ltd generates and sells electricity and it majorly generates electric power through its coal-based thermal power plant. The company has over 18 coal-based, 7 gas-based, and 1 hydro-based power station and has around 9 Joint Venture coal-based stations.

●    Power Grid Corporation of India Limited

Powergrip Corporation of India Ltd was commenced in 1989 and is a central public sector company. Powergrid is India’s largest electric transmission system at present. The Indian government owns 51.34% of Powergrid Corporation and the public owns the remaining 48.66%.

●    TATA Power Company Limited

TATA Power is India’s leading private-sector Power Company owned by the TATA Group headquartered in Mumbai. With 12 million distribution consumers, the company is also involved in solar rooftops and value-added solutions.

●    Reliance Power Limited

Reliance Power Ltd. owned by the Reliance Group is the largest corporate group in India. Reliance Power develops, builds, and operates power plants in India and worldwide. The company is developing a gas-fired project, devising twelve hydroelectric projects – 6 in Arunachal Pradesh, 5 in Himachal Pradesh, and 1 in Uttrakhand.

●    Torrent Power Ltd

Torrent Power owned by Torrent Group is India’s highly promoted and leading power company with its presence in various parts of Gujarat, Maharashtra, and Uttar Pradesh. The company has coal-fired, gas-fired, and renewable power plants. Its gas-based facilities have huge worth as it has advanced technology and built-in performance structural elements.

●    SJVN Ltd

SJVN abbreviated as Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam is one of the largest power companies in India having its inception in 1988. The company provides Solar Power, Power Transmission, and consulting. SJVN has a hydropower capacity of 1912 MW, 97.8 MW capacity for wind power, and 6.9 MW capacity for solar power.

●    JSW Energy Ltd

JSW Energy is a Mumbai-based power company that was founded in 1994. It is one of the best power companies because of its flexible guiding principles, organized management, advanced operations, and ethical, financial, and ecological advantages.

●    NHPC

National Hydroelectric Power Corporation, also known as NHPC, is an electricity generating and energy trading company, that is the Indian Government hydropower board. The company was established in 1975 and operated by the Ministry of Power. The state and the central government own 74.51% and the remaining 25.49% is owned by the public.

●    Adani Green Energy Ltd (AGEL)

Adani Green Energy Ltd. (AGEL) is again owned by the Adani Group and is India’s leading and largest renewable energy company. The company works on developing, building, owning, operating, and maintaining power plants fueled by renewable energy sources such as solar and wind.

FAQs:

Which is India’s largest power company?

NTPC Ltd. is the largest company in India which was founded back in 1975. Starting to speed up the power development in the country, NTPC is the dominant power generation company with strong roots and presence.

How many power plant companies are there in India?

There are several power plant companies present in India, but the top 5 Power plant companies are NTPC Ltd., Adani Power Ltd., Tata Power Ltd., JSW Energy Ltd., and Torrent Power Ltd.

Who owns Tata Power?

Tata Power is owned by the multinational Tata Group. The group has its headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India and it is India’s leading and profitable company.

How many NTPCs are there in Uttar Pradesh?

NTPC has 5 coal-based power plants (own operational), 2 coal-based (JV/Subsidiary), 1 gas-based power plant (own operational), 3 Solar Photovoltaic power plants, and 2 small hydro projects in Uttar Pradesh.

Which stock is best in the power sector?

As said before, Adani Power, Tata Power, JSW Energy, NTPC Ltd., and Torrent Power Ltd. are some of the best stocks in the power sector.

Must Read

Similar Posts

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay on op - Ge the daily news in your inbox

Contact Us
Address- F-61/34 F/F, Phase 1, Block C, Katwaria Sarai, New Delhi, Delhi 110016, INDIA
Contact No - +91 9918222143
Mail To - contact@karostartup.info
Increase your Online Store's Revenue by 300%